Job Description: The individual shall work with the assigned country Mission Commander or Team Lead to develop 571st Mobility Support Advisory Squadron (MSAS) five year country training plans to support U.S. Southern Command (USSOUTHCOM) Theater Campaign Plan (TCP), Air Forces Air Forces Southern Command (AFSOUTH) Country Engagement Plan, and Department of State (DoS) Country Plan security cooperation objectives. Country training plans shall include a baseline assessment of partner nation capability, the recommended training programs to reach desired end states, time-phased milestones (including entry and exit criteria), and proposed Measures of Performance and Measures of Effectiveness (MOE) to monitor and assess program stability and progress towards reaching the desired end state.
Start date required in early January 2017
* Undergraduate or Masters degree (Masters degree is preferable) in international affairs or international affairs-related field.
* Working knowledge in international affairs, security cooperation, or GCC staff at the Number Air Force (NAF) or MAJCOM level. Experience in the USSOUTHCOM AOR preferred.
* Knowledge and skills to develop and document detailed training requirements with specified skill set(s). Skills and knowledge include recent practical working experience with USAF security assistance training programs (SATP), policies and procedures, knowledge of USAF aviation and aircraft systems training methodologies, intergovernmental working relations between Department of State (DoS)/Department of Defense (DoD)/Embassies to develop, define, plan and or monitor international training.
* Shall possess a secret clearance.
* Shall have a minimum of ten years of experience working at Department of Defense (DoD), Department of State (DoS) or ten (10) years experience working International Programs at other USG agencies designated for building partnerships and partner capacity with foreign nations.
* Shall have a working knowledge and remain current with the latest version of WINDOWS (e.g. XP), and Microsoft applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Project, and Visio).
* Spanish language skill is desirable.